ATTENDANCE POLICES & PROCEDURES
TARDY AND CUTTING POLICY
It is very important for students to arrive to class before the tardy bell rings. For habitual tardiness, the student will be referred to the Student Attendance Review Board (SARB). Habitual tardiness becomes an attendance problem subject to disciplinary action:
• 1st referral: conference, parent contact, detention,
• 2nd referral: conference, parent contact, detention/Saturday School
• 3rd referral: conference, parent contact, Saturday School, SARB
For habitual tardies, cuts, unexcused absences, and excessive absences, the student may be referred to the Student Attendance Review Board (SARB).
• Students must sign in and out in the Attendance/Main Office whenever coming to or leaving campus during the school day for any reason. Be sure to sign in if late for school.
• To clear an absence, parents must call the recorder at 280-3973. Absences not cleared after 24 hours will be recorded as a cut.
• Students leaving for appointments during school time must:
1. Have a parent call the recorder prior to the time of the appointment.
2. Pick up a Leaving-the-Grounds pass in the Attendance/Main Office.
3. Sign out on the sheet in the Attendance/Main Office.
4. Sign in if returning the same day.
• Students coming to school late must:
1. Sign in on the Sign In sheet in the Attendance/Main Office.
2. Make sure a parent calls the recorder to clear the absence within 24-hours.
• Students must obtain parental/guardian permission and sign out through the Attendance/Main Office before leaving campus. Failure to follow these procedures will result in the absence recorded as a cut and Saturday School assigned. Continued behavior will result in progressive discipline. Students who leave campus without permission and ask their parent/guardian to clear them after the fact are in defiance of the school policies and such absences will not be excused.
• Students who become ill should go to the Attendance/Nurse’s Office and arrangements will be made for the student to go home. A student who feels ill and leaves campus without checking out with the Nurse or Attendance/Main Office will automatically receive a cut and be assigned Saturday School.
• If a parent needs to excuse a student and the student is not aware that they need to leave school, the parent needs to call the Attendance/Main Office (280-3973). The Attendance/Main Office will locate the student and pass on the information.