NEED TO REPORT AN ABSENCE?
• 1st referral: conference, parent contact, detention,
• 2nd referral: conference, parent contact, detention/Saturday School
• 3rd referral: conference, parent contact, Saturday School, SARB
For habitual tardies, cuts, unexcused absences, and excessive absences, the student may be referred to the Student Attendance Review Board (SARB).
• Students must sign in and out in the Attendance/Main Office whenever coming to or leaving campus during the school day for any reason. Be sure to sign in if late for school.
• To clear an absence, parents must call the recorder at 280-3973. Absences not cleared after 24 hours will be recorded as a cut.
• Students leaving for appointments during school time must:
1. Have a parent call the recorder prior to the time of the appointment.
2. Pick up a Leaving-the-Grounds pass in the Attendance/Main Office.
3. Sign out on the sheet in the Attendance/Main Office.
4. Sign in if returning the same day.
• Students coming to school late must:
1. Sign in on the Sign In sheet in the Attendance/Main Office.
2. Make sure a parent calls the recorder to clear the absence within 24-hours.
• Students must obtain parental/guardian permission and sign out through the Attendance/Main Office before leaving campus. Failure to follow these procedures will result in the absence recorded as a cut and Saturday School assigned. Continued behavior will result in progressive discipline. Students who leave campus without permission and ask their parent/guardian to clear them after the fact are in defiance of the school policies and such absences will not be excused.
• Students who become ill should go to the Attendance/Nurse’s Office and arrangements will be made for the student to go home. A student who feels ill and leaves campus without checking out with the Nurse or Attendance/Main Office will automatically receive a cut and be assigned Saturday School.