CCC Health Serv. Dept 313-6770 (Confidential testing, info.)
Crisis, Suicide 800/833-2900
Alcoholics Anon., 24 hr 939-4155
Alanon/AlaTeen –CCC 932-6770
CCC Crisis Infor/Referral Unit 800/846-1652
Narcotics Anonymous 685-HELP
Cal. Cancer Info. 800/422-6237
CCC Public Health 313-6250
Poison Control Ctr. 800/876-4766
Rape/Incest Line 800/656-HOPE
Search Institute (help teens make healthy choices)
National Institute for Drug Abuse for teens
Birth Right (abortion alternatives) 798-7227
Planned Parenthood 935-3010
CRISIS HOTLINES (24/7)
Crisis, Suicide 800/833-2900
National Suicide 800-273-8255
Prevention Lifeline 800-273-TALK
Grief Counseling 800/837-1818
Youth Runaway 800/718-4357
School Violence 800/863-7600
Youth Crisis Hotline 800/843-5200
Abortion Hotline 800/772-9100
Other: Contra Costa Crisis Center
- The Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255- TALK) provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals. The Lifeline is also available in Spanish.
- Your Life, Your Voice is part of The Boys Town National Hotline, which you can call, chat, text or e-mail when you are feeling depressed, contemplating suicide, being physically or sexually abused, on the run, addicted, threatened by gang violence, fighting with a friend or parent, or if you are faced with an overwhelming challenge. They also have great tips for coping, talking to your parents, dealing with friendships and relationships, health tips for stress, anxiety and depression, and advice on things like – getting into college or how to study better.
- The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ young people ages 13-24.
- TrevorLifeline is crisis intervention and suicide prevention phone service available 24/7 at 1-866-488-7386
- TrevorText is available on Fridays (4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. ET / 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. PT). Text the word “Trevor” to 1-202-304-1200.
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Questioning (LGBTQ)
- The Rainbow Community Center (RCC) of Contra Costa County builds community and promotes well-being among Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Questioning (LGBTQ) people and allies. They provide specific clinic and school-based services to support LGBTQ youth and their families and strive to provide services that help to promote family acceptance, bring families together and improve their ability to communicate effectively.
- LGBT Help Center provides vital peer-support, community connections and resource information to people with questions regarding sexual orientation and/or gender identity. They operate three national hotlines to support youth and adults with coming-out issues, safer-sex information, school bullying, family concerns, relationship problems and a lot more.
- LGBT National Hotline (1-888-843-4564)
- LGBT National Youth Talkline (1-800-246-774)
- SAGE LGBT Elder Hotline 1-888-234-7243
- Contra Costa Crisis Center provides group, couples, family, and individual counseling at their offices in Walnut Creek. Individual counseling is conducted by trained interns which can be one-time or last for months, depending on the needs of each client. Their support groups, include groups for children, teens, parents, survivors after suicide, and those who have lost a loved one in a sudden, violent, or traumatic manner. Groups run eight weeks on and two off all throughout the year. Individuals are welcome to receive both individual and group counseling if they choose.
- Hospice of the East Bay offers emotional, spiritual, and grief support for the entire family. Their Bridge Program supports children and teens through art, play, talk and peer support. Families may attend for as long as needed. There is a parent/guardian support group offered at the same time as the child/teen support group. The Bridge meets twice a month throughout the school year. Pre-registration is required.
Mental Health Counseling
- John F. Kennedy University Community Counseling Center provides affordable counseling services to the public at three locations in the Bay Area - Concord, Oakland, and Sunnyvale. Graduate students under the supervision of licensed professionals conduct counseling sessions for individuals, couples, and groups. Tel: (925) 798-9240
- Touchstone Counseling offers a full range of counseling services, from brief counseling to in-depth psychotherapy including Individual, child, adolescent, couples, and family therapy; collaborative and creative family solutions provide the ability for multiple members of a couple or family to receive treatment and services all in the same place. They also provide support for families with co-parenting, mediation, and blended-family issues.
- Discovery Counseling Center of San Ramon Valley offers counseling for adolescent Issues, alcohol recovery, anger management, anxiety, depression, divorce, eating disorders, family disharmony, grief & loss, low self-esteem, parenting Issues, and more.
- Medi-Cal Managed Care Health Plans will cover some of the mental health services that you have received through Medi-Cal and some substance disorder services.To receive Mental Health Services you can contact your Primary Care Provider. You can also call the Mental Health Access Line at toll free 1-888-678-7277. This number can be accessed 24 hours every day.
Deferred Action for Child Arrivals (DACA)
DACA is an immigration policy announced in June 2012 by the Obama Administration through Executive Order that allows certain undocumented immigrants who entered the country before their 16th birthday and before June 2007 to receive deferred action and a renewable two-year work permit.The Contra Costa County Office of Education's Communications Department has compiled a list of resources to assist districts and schools address questions or concerns around the potential suspension of DACA.