- CAPA Community Education Fund Student Internship Program for high school sophomores and juniors. The CAPA Community Education Fund has been sponsoring a student internship for over 20 years, where it has provided over 400 students the unique opportunity to gain firsthand knowledge of the political process as well as a solid understanding of the importance of Asian American civic participation. Since the program’s inception, students have been placed directly in the offices of elected officials or government departments in the East Bay and San Francisco areas. Office placements will include local, county, state, and federal levels of both political parties and non-partisan affiliations. Each intern is required to complete 100 office-working hours and 10 additional hours of community service during the duration of the 2019 summer months (beginning of June to mid-August). Upon completion of the program, each intern will graduate and gain real working experience. go to www.capacommunity.org to access the application. Applications must be received by Thursday, February 28, 2019 by submitting the completed application and other documents through the online application or by postal mail.
- The District Office in San Ramon is now accepting applications for summer unpaid internships. Responsibilities include constituent services, policy research, casework and office administration. Summer internships are open to rising high school juniors, rising high school seniors, rising college freshmen and college upperclassmen. The application deadline for summer internships is March 1, 2019 and will be notified on March 15th. Summer interns commit to spending a minimum of 20 hours per week as an intern, working in the District Office. To apply, email two attached PDF documents of a one-page cover letter and a one-page resume to Assemblymember.Bauer-Kahan@assembly.ca.gov with the subject line “Summer Internship Application”.
- Tony La Russa’s Animal Rescue Foundation: Part-time Humane Education Assistant in Walnut Creek. This is a great job for an outgoing and enthusiastic teen who loves animals, is comfortable with public speaking, and would like to gain some work experience working with kids! This position is 7 hours per week, every Saturday year-round. The primary responsibility is working with our other Humane Ed Assistants to host our animal-themed birthday parties and events for kids. The full job description and details on how to apply can be found here: https://www.arflife.org/
- The Gopher Club is looking for an after-school childcare assistant. Part-time afternoon position, Monday thru Friday, approximately 2:00-5:00pm (days and times flexible/ Up to 12 hours per week). Responsibilities include: supervising children during indoor/outdoor activities, enforcing safety rules, leading group games, and assisting in snack preparation and service. Must be dependable and reliable, enjoy children. No experience required, will train. Salary $11.60-$12.10 per hour. If interested, please email Fatima Tulfo your resume at GopherClub@orinda.k12.ca.us.
- Town Hall Theatre in Lafayette is searching for a Marketing Volunteer Intern who could work with the staff to prepare press releases, maintain and update the website as needed, and create posters and other marketing materials. If interested, please contact Dennis Markman at Dennis.email@example.com.
- Dolphin Club at Del Rey Elementary after-school program. The hours would be:
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- M-F 1:45-4:30 or 5
- M/W/F 1:45-4:30 or 5
Sherman Swim School - Part-time after school in Lafayette, 2 or more weekdays. $12-14 per hour. If interested, contact Steve Sherman at 925-283-2100 or by email at email@example.com.
Patxi's Pizza in Lafayette - Part-time, Host & Cashier, 3-4 hour shifts. $10.50 and eligible for tips. If interested, either call 925-299-0704 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by the location for an application and interview!
For more jobs and internships, please see this page here.