Acalanes Union High School District is proud to celebrate Latine/Latinx/Hispanic History Month, not only to highlight the incredible contributions and successes Latine, Latinx and Hispanic Americans have had in our community and nation, but also to highlight the struggles Latine, Latinx and Hispanic individuals have faced and continue to face; as well as the work that lies ahead for all of us to make our communities more inclusive, just, and equal.
Celebrating Latinx History Month
The slideshow above has been curated by students and staff from all AUHSD schools. The slideshow will be updated each week to commemorate individuals and events that showcase Latinx contributions to our society.
Below are some of the events happening in our District.
Event titles include the school site hosting the event. The event title also indicates if the event is open to the public.
Resources for Students & Parents
- History.com: Latino, Hispanic, Latinx, Chicano - History Behind the Terms
- National Association of Latino Arts & Cultures
- Smithsonian: Latino Center
- National Park Service: Hispanic Heritage Month
Resources for Staff
- Facing History & Ourselves
- Anti-Defamation League: Teacher Resources
- PBS: Elevating Hispanic/Latinx History All Year
- Library of Congress: National Hispanic Month
- Teach for America: Latinx Heritage Month Resources