As a service to the Miramonte Community, The Miramonte Boosters Club will hold two Boosters Health Screenings for athletes to clear them to play sports for the 2017-2018 school year. The Boosters Health Screenings will be under the direction of Dr. Melvin Huie. Diablo Athletic League (DAL) rules state that all athletes must complete a health screening annually and that this screening must take place after 7/1/17.
Students can participate in the Boosters Health Screenings if they have seen their own personal physician in the last 12 months. The screenings will not clear athletes if they have had a concussion diagnosed in the last year (athletes who have suffered a concussion will need to complete their annual health screening with their own personal physician). As an added service, Lafayette Physical Therapy will also do an Injury Risk Screening, in conjunction with John Grigsby, Miramonte Athletic Trainer.
The cost for the Boosters Health Screening is $40.00, roughly the same as a co-pay. Proceeds from the Health Screening will serve as a fundraiser for the Boosters Club, supporting all athletics at Miramonte High School. No reservations are required and payment can be made by cash or check.
To participate in their Boosters Health Screening, students must:
- Complete the online Miramonte Sport Registration Packet. While on your computer, complete the Emergency Contact Form and scroll down to complete the Physical Exam Form (forms must be completed on your computer, handwritten forms WILL NOT be accepted).
- Print the Emergency Contact Form (remember to check all sports which your student will play).
- Print the Physical Exam Form. Both the parent and the student must sign this form.
- Bring the signed Physical Exam Form to the Boosters Health Screening to be completed by volunteer physicians.Deliver one copy of the Athletic Clearance Form and one copy of the Physical Exam Form to the Athletic Director, James Lathrop.
Boosters Health Screenings will be available at the following times:
· Thursday, July 27th from 1:30 – 4:30 pm in the Library.
· Tuesday, August 15th from 8:00 – 12:30 pm at Mats Day (location TBD).