Canvas and Zoom for Acalanes Adult Ed Classes
Acalanes Adult Education is pleased to offer our Fall 2020 courses through Distance Learning.
All classes will be held via Zoom and will utilize the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) for course materials.
- Students who are enrolled in Fall courses will need to access our Canvas site, https://auhsdadulted.instructure.com.
- The login page will display and students must enter the email address, which was used to register for classes.
- Students need to click on the "Forgot Password?" link on the login page, and follow those instructions. It will ask you to enter your email and Canvas will send you a link to change your password. Again, please use the email address you used when registering for your class(es).
- Once you are successfully logged into Canvas, it will enter you to your Dashboard, where your course(s) will appear, once they become published by staff.
NOTE: Students who are enrolled in Fall courses will need to use the email address you used when registering for your classes to login to Canvas.
Canvas Mobile Support
Canvas is fully functional on many types of smartphones and tablets. Compatible devices include platforms such as: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android, Palm, and Blackberry. It is recommended that you do not solely rely on one of these devices to complete your online course work. Access to a computer is highly recommended to complete many online activities. Visit the "Mobile" section of the Canvas Guides website for more information.
Staff will not be emailing out to students the information to login to Zoom for each course. Zoom is now fully integrated into each Canvas course and students will be able to access the Zoom links through the specific course for which you are enrolled. Upon entering your course(s) enrolled in Canvas, you may locate the Zoom meeting links either in your "To Do" list on the right hand side of your screen in Canvas or the "Calendar" icon on the left hand navigation bar in Canvas.
AAE reminds all students of basic Zoom etiquette:
- Use your real first and last name or you may not be admitted to the class (i.e. if you are using an account other than your own, be sure to change the name to display as yours). Click this link to learn how to customize your profile.
- Turn on your camera or you may not be admitted to the class session. Click this link to learn more about video/camera troubleshooting.
- Mute your microphone if you are not talking so as to avoid distracting the session. Click this link to learn more about attendee controls in a Zoom meeting.
- Be on-time.
- Only post chat messages relevant to the lesson. Click this link to learn how to use Zoom in meeting chat.
- You may be viewable or heard by the entire class during a Zoom session and should conduct yourself accordingly.
- Dress as if you are in a classroom setting.
- Disruptive participants may be removed from a Zoom session.