Academy at Acalanes
Acalanes High School believes that every student can learn at high levels. Understanding that every student learns at a different pace and in different ways, we are excited about our new academy periods to help support students.
What is academy?
- Academy is set time every week for students to receive support where they need it. Offered Wednesdays and Fridays between 4th and 5th periods, students have the opportunity to meet and work with their teachers.
- Students are expected to use the Teach more site to review offerings, sign up for a session & see if a teacher has requested to meet with them before Wednesday and Friday's academy periods.
How can I, as a student, maximize my time during academy?
- Plan to sign up for academy the night before (Tuesday and Thursday). This will enable you to show up prepared to academy with the supplies necessary and questions prepared that you may need help with.
- At a minimum, you should be attending an academy session once a week with one of your current teachers.
- Academy is more than just a study hall. It is time set aside for you to work alongside your teachers, make up assessments due to absences, get support in areas that you may need it and prepare for assessments with your teachers.
- Show up to academy prepared with necessary supplies, prepared questions and a plan for the 50 minutes.
- Check your planner for upcoming tests, projects and assignments and attend that teacher’s academy to get needed support or just to work together on an assignment.
- Minimize the amount of time you are spending on your phone. Maximize the work that you get done as it will leave you will less to do after school.