Summer School 2024
Credit Recovery Program
AUHSD Summer School 2024 Credit Recovery Program will be offered as a hybrid model in which students will attend school in-person twice a week as well as complete coursework online.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION
Please email the completed application to your counselor (or bring the application to the summer school site if completing application after June 1).
Summer School Dates:
- Summer school will be held this year in one, 5-week session.
- Classes begin Tuesday, June 11 and end Friday, July 12, 2024.
Location for Summer School:
- Acalanes High School
- Students will be split into Cohorts and students will be notified as to which cohort they are assigned.
- Students will attend in-person classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays (Cohort A) or Wednesdays and Fridays (Cohort B).
- Geometry for Advancement students will attend Tuesdays-Fridays (4 days a week) for the full entire 5 week session.
1st Period : 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Brunch: 10:00 a.m. - 10:20 a.m.
2nd Period: 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Brunch and lunch will be free and served Tues-Friday.
Student Attendance Requirements:
- Students are required to attend school on their cohort day and during their assigned time.
- Students must take certain assessments in class and all students must take the final and complete the course to receive credit.
- Once the student’s class time has concluded, the student is dismissed from campus.
- Cohort A student attends class on Tuesday and Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Cohort A students may get breakfast between 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. At 10:00 a.m. Cohort A students may get a grab-and-go lunch and then will leave campus.
- Cohort B students arrive on campus on Wednesdays and Fridays at 10:15 a.m. and get breakfast before class begins. Class occurs from 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. At 12:00 p.m. Cohort B students may get a grab-and-go lunch and then will leave campus.
- Once the student completes their online class, which they may work on outside of their class time, their attendance at Summer School is no longer required or they may speak with the school site Administrator/Office Staff to start another class.
- Students who need a quiet place to work will have one provided. They may come to school on "off days" and work on their course.
Students will need to bring a device. If a student does not have a device, one will be provided by the site for the student to use.
- All courses will be offered through Fuel Ed, an online platform for coursework.
- Students have access to their classes 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Students may complete their course(s) as fast as they see fit.
- Certain assessments and the final must be taken in the presence of their summer school teacher.
- Each credit recovery class has diagnostic assessments for each unit. If the student passes the diagnostic assessment, they are then allowed to skip that unit. This may drastically reduce the required curriculum and time that a student will need to be in the class.
Summer School Contact:
Credit Recovery Program:
Drop-off & Pick-up
Acalanes High School, main front entrance
Transportation will not be provided and/or offered to Summer School locations.
Summer Algebra Readiness Program: 2024
The 2024 AUHSD Summer Algebra Readiness Program is an invite-only program that will focus on Algebra I skills and mathematic thinking for incoming grade 9 students. Students will be selected for invitation based on their 8th grade math grades and state testing (CAASPP) data.
Dates: June 11- July 12
Days: 4 days/week (Tues - Fri), in person
Times: 8:30 AM - 12:00 Noon
Location: Acalanes HS
Students who participate will receive 5 elective credits towards high school graduation. The program will take place at Acalanes High School. Lunch will be provided at no cost for students.
The program will be staffed by AUHSD teachers who will reinforce algebra readiness and mathematical thinking. The goal of the program is to reinforce and strengthen the skills necessary for successful completion of Algebra I.
For more information, please contact Amy McNamara at email@example.com