Acalanes Union High School District is committed to providing ongoing learning opportunities to all of our students. Due to the many unknowns and the changing guidelines from the health and education agencies, AUHSD staff is currently developing multiple instructional models and schedules that may be utilized during the 2020-2021 school year. This page is designed to provide parents and guardians with information and resources related to AUHSD distance learning program and will be updated as the decisions and guidelines are developed.
Distance Learning Report - September 2, 2020 Governing Board Meeting:
Distance Learning - August 11, 2020 Parent Information Session:
AUHSD 2020-2021 Instructional Schedule Models
Based on the orders issued by the California Governor Gavin Newsom and the Contra Costa County Office of Health Services, and as approved by the AUHSD Governing Board, all AUHSD schools will be starting 2020-2021 school year following the Distance Learning instructional model.
AUHSD staff has developed detailed guidelines and expectations for the Distance Learning model and those expectations are outlines in the 2020-2021 AUHSD School Reopening Guidance for Parents and Students. All parents and students are encouraged to review the document.
Students will be provided further information and details in their classrooms. Parents are invited to attend a parent information evening focused on the distance learning expectations. Recording of the evening may be found here. (will be available after the event)
California State Testing
- California has not required students to participate in state testing during the 2019-2020 school year and students will not have to make up state exams.
- California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) test in English, math and science was postponed due to the statewide school closures.
- For more detailed information from the State of California, visit the Governor's website.
- 2020-2021 CAASPP testing has not been postponed at this time and more information will be forthcoming.
Advanced Placement Program
- College Board modified all AP exams during the 2019-2020 school year.
- Students took the modified exams at home.
- AP test results have been released in July of 2020.
- AP tests may be adjusted during the 2021 administration. This decision has not been determined by College Board.
- AP tests are scheduled to be administered druing a two period (May 3- 14) and will be administered in person.
- For detailed information, please visit College Board page AP Updates for Schools Impacted by Coronavirus.
SAT, PSAT and ACT Exams
- Due to local health guidelines, AUHSD has had to modify its testing schedule for SAT and PSAT administrations. Visit this page for more information.
- An additional Wednesday SAT test administration was added. For all the dates, please access the AUSHD Testing Calendar.
- For information regarding PSAT test dates, visit this page.
- Please visit College Board website SAT Coronavirus Updates for detailed information.
- For information regarding the rescheduled ACT exam please visit this page.