• Acalanes Mission Statement
    The mission of Acalanes High School is to develop responsible, productive, informed citizens who appreciate and respect their own and others' uniqueness and worth.
    Acalanes High School, founded in 1940, is one of four comprehensive high schools in the Acalanes Union High school District (AUHSD). The school primarily serves the suburban community of Lafayette, California. Of the 1316 students currently enrolled at Acalanes, 86% live in Lafayette, with the remaining 14% coming mostly from the surrounding communities of Moraga, Orinda, Pleasant Hill and Walnut Creek. Most students come from upper middle class, highly educated families, are motivated to do well in school and have parents and families who value and support education. Over 95% of students at Acalanes continue their education at post-secondary institutions.
    The Curriculum
    Acalanes High School offers a strong college preparatory program supported by expansive elective and school-sponsored, co-curricular opportunities. Students may take from five to seven classes per year. Five units are awarded for each semester class. Classes meet five times per week. In cooperation with the Contra Costa County Office of Education, Acalanes offers six different ROP (Regional Occupation Program) courses. Many of these classes fulfill University of California a-g requirements. Acalanes also has a community service requirement for each grade level.