With the increasing use of technology in education, AUHSD is focused on providing our parents and students with information on staying safe while navigating the World Wide Web. It is important for our students to understand the responsibilities that come along with today's technology and their participation in making good ethical decisions while online.
AUHSD staff believes that a successful student is one who is supported at school by their teachers and at home by their parents. To ensure students are responsible and safe online at home, as they are at school, here are some suggested helpful resources to further support students.
- TinyFilter - Web filter that blocks adult websites. This is an extension that is added to the Chrome browser -https://goo.gl/TX4AVX
- Family Friendly – This is an app for the Chrome browser that can easily be added - https://goo.gl/Dsx7HJ
- Easy, Free Browser Filters - Common Sense Media - Make Internet Safer for your child - https://goo.gl/AFGeJ8
Set Up Parental Controls
- Parents using ATT WiFi at home can access this link to set up parental controls for the Internet. http://att.net/parentalcontrols
- Parents using Comcast/Xfinity WiFi at home can access this link to set up parental controls for the Internet. https://goo.gl/699eDd