- Students are absent more on Mondays and Fridays.
- Students stay home more often on rainy days and the day after a school holiday.
- Students who ride the bus are absent more often than students who walk.
- Students who do not eat breakfast are absent more often than students who do.
- Students who are truant commit the majority of daytime burglaries.
- Absence patterns of students are established as early as kindergartners.
- Older siblings of students frequently set the attendance patterns of the family.
- Students who are excessively absent suffer losses in educational achievement and perform poorly on test, giving them a lower self-esteem.
- Students who are excessively absent are at the highest risk of dropping out and becoming involved in delinquent behavior.
The Acalanes Union High School District is committed in all of its activities, policies, programs, and procedures to provide equal opportunity for all to avoid discrimination against any person regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, color, national origin, disability, marital status, or age.