Principal Ben Campopiano
My name is Mr. Campopiano (or Mr. C), and I am so thrilled to be Miramonte's new Principal. I look forward to getting to know you and working with you this year!
A little bit about my past work experiences:
- I started working in public education in 2007, and was a Social Studies Teacher and Teacher on Special Assignment at Northgate High School for seven years.
- I was an Assistant Baseball Coach (five seasons), and the Head Varsity Baseball Coach at Northgate (two seasons).
- I was the Director of Baseball Operations at Santa Clara University for four years.
- I became a school administrator in 2016, and served as an Associate Principal at Northgate High School for two years.
- I was the Principal at Pine Hollow Middle School for the last three years.
And a little bit about me:
- My wife, Lauren, and I have two amazing kids, Kate (5), and Will (3), and we live in Lafayette.
- I founded Bronco Baseball Academy in 2001, and we host about 500 kids every summer for youth baseball camps in Walnut Creek.
- Before my career in education, I worked in politics for three years, and had the opportunity to live and work in Washington, D.C., Boston, and San Francisco.
- I'm a huge Giants and 49ers fan.
- I love to golf, read, and eat good Italian food.
Things I love:
- Dinner out with my wife.
- BBQ Kettle Chips.
- Watching my daughter run.
- Playing catch with my son.
- Going to a Giants game.
- Reading to my kids.
- Golfing with my brothers and Dad.
- The Office.
- Reading a great book.
- Homemade cookies.
My favorite quotes:
- "Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire." --WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS
- "Few will have the greatness to bend history itself; but each of us can work to change a small portion of events, and in the total; of all those acts will be written the history of this generation." --ROBERT KENNEDY, JR.
- “Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.” --ROBERT KENNEDY, JR.
- “For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.” --RUDYARD KIPLING