Acalanes Union High School District requires each student to complete two years (20 credits) of Physical Education to obtain a high school diploma. Up to 10 credits, of the 20 required for graduation, may be earned through Athletic PE. Athletic Physical is for highly organized, independent, and responsible students and is solely initiated and maintained by the student throughout the season of sport. The designated Physical Education teacher will monitor progression and completion of participation hours.
To be eligible to participate in Athletic PE in 2022-2023 students must:
To obain credits, eligible students must:
- Complete PE 9
- Complete all required components of the Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- Be enrolled in grade 10 or 11 (this option is not open to grade 12 students)
- Participate in the CIF approved (school sponsored) sport. Each season of sport counts for 5 credits.
- Have an approved Athletic PE Contract/Application
- Complete weekly time cards recording hours spent on athletic activites. 70 hours must be completed to obtain 5 credits.
- Complete the season of sport
Required Forms for Athletic PE:
2022-2023 Contract Deadlines:
- Fall Sports - Friday, August 26
- Winter Sports - Friday, November 18
- Spring Sports - Friday, February 24
For additional information please visit the following links:
- Athletic PE Frequently Asked Questions
- AUHSD Graduation Requirements page,
- Graduation Requirements FAQ
- PE Pathway Chart (2021-2022)
- PE Pathway Chart (2022-2023)
Independent Study PE 2021-2022
Available only to juniors and ACIS students in the 2021-22 school year