Acalanes Union High School District requires each student to complete two years (20 credits) of Physical Education to obtain a high school diploma. Up to 10 credits, of the 20 required for graduation, may be earned through Athletic PE.
To be eligible to participate in Athletic PE students must:
To obain credits, eligible students must:
- Complete PE 9
- Pass 5 of 6 areas of the Physical Fitness Test/Fitness Gram (end of 9th grade)
- Be enrolled in grade 10 or 11 (this option is not open to grade 12 students)
- Participate in the CIF approved (school sponsored) sport. Each season of sport counts for 5 credits.
- Complete the Athletic PE Contract/Application
- Complete weekly time cards recording hours spent on athletic activites. 70 hours must be completed to obtain 5 credits.
- Complete the season of sport
2019-2020 Contract Deadlines:
- Fall Sports - Friday, August 30
- Winter Sports - Friday, November 22
- Spring Sports - Thursday, February 28
For additional information please visit the following links: