Wellness at Miramonte High School
The Miramonte Wellness Center is a component of the new Student Union. The Wellness Center team works with the Counseling Department, Special Education Department and Health Office to support the mental health as well as the educational, developmental, social-emotional and physical needs of a diverse student community. As a collaborative team, we offer classroom presentations and support school-wide events aimed at developing resilient, health-conscious students. In addition, we partner with community based organizations by bringing them to our campus to support the specific Wellness needs of our students.
Need help or someone to talk to?
Call 211 or text HOPE to 20121
for 24/7 free and Confidential support
What is offered through the Wellness Center?
We offer a variety of services including but not limited to the following:
- Teen Health Education
- Parent/Guardian Consultation
- Crisis Support and Intervention
- Short-Term Individual and Group Counseling
- Case Management
- Staff Training and Consultation
What services are provided for students?
Students can participate in a variety of services including mental health counseling, nursing services, support groups, referrals to community agenices and more. Wellness services provided to students are free and confidential.
How do I refer a student to the Wellness Center?
- Anyone can refer a student to the Wellness Center by completing the online referral form at bit.ly/MHSwellreferral
- You can also refer students by contacting the student's School Counselor or the Wellness Center directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students seeking support are always welcome to drop-in to request services.
Wellness programs on high school campuses provide students with opportunities to strengthen their learning around teen physical, emotional, and sexual health; learn and practice self-care, and access short-term support. Wellness programs also decrease stigma around seeking help and have a proven ability to positively influence student learning and increase engagement in the school community.
Monday - Friday
7:30am - 4:00pm
The Wellness Center is located
inside the new Student Union
Elisa Nevarez ext 3353
Wellness Intake Specialist
Savannah Rose ext 3351