Miramonte High School Mission Statement
The mission of Miramonte High School is to provide a high level of intellectual, social and personal growth in each individual.
Miramonte High School Expected School Wide Learning Outcomes (ESLRs)
All students will have the opportunity to:
1. Acquire a common core of broad and diverse knowledge
2. Demonstrate critical thinking, problem-solving, research, and technological skills
3. Demonstrate effective communications skills
4. Work cooperatively and effectively with others
5. Explore educational and career opportunities
Miramonte High School Vision Statement
The Miramonte vision is for all our students to achieve at their highest potential within our rigorous and challenging curriculum.
We promote a successful integration into an increasingly technological, complex, and diverse world. We challenge our students to become concerned and knowledgeable citizens, actively participating in preserving and improving the global community. Through collaborative efforts, every student, teacher, and parent within our school community will provide the opportunity for all students to meet our ESLRs.
Miramonte School Wide Goals 05-06 WASC
(Western Association of Schools and Colleges) Action Plan Goals
1. Improve reading comprehension across the curriculum to enable students to achieve standards and ESLRs (Expected School-wide Learning Results).
2. Improve writing across the curriculum to enable students to achieve standards and ESLRs.
3. Improve the school culture and climate to support student learning (including internal and external communication)
History & Culture
Founded in 1955, Miramonte High School is one of four comprehensive high schools and a continuation school in the Acalanes Union High School District. We serve students who live in the suburban residential communities of Orinda, Moraga, and surrounding communities. Parents in these communities are active participants in their students' education.
Located just over the hills east of the University of California at Berkeley Miramonte annually sends 98% of its graduates to college. The college preparatory program includes traditional and Advanced Placement (AP) courses. Miramonte also offers a variety of choices in the arts and elective areas.
All students participate in the school's college preparatory and elective programs. Approximately 85% of the student body participates in co-curricular activities.
Miramonte is located in the City of Orinda. The combination of a well-maintained campus, positive working and learning environment, motivated students, active parent involvement, and a dedicated staff contribute to the well being and success of our students. Students, staff, and visitors feel safe and comfortable on campus. It is a wonderful place to educate students and for students to flourish.