Volunteer Service Awards
UPDATES FOR SPRING 2020:
Thank you to all of the students who have and continue to volunteer their time and energy to serve our community. Many students and parents have reached out in the past few weeks with questions regarding how service hours will be calculated and honored this year. After conferring with other schools and Parent's Clubs in the district, and in the spirit of honoring the commitment many students have made to volunteer, we’ve developed the following updates that apply to the Campolindo Service Award Program for 2019-2020:
- Hours required to qualify for the Campolindo Volunteer Service Award have been reduced from 30 to 20 hours for all ages.
- Deadline to submit applications has been extended to May 1, 2020
- Students may email photos of, or scanned copy of, their application and verification forms to the Campolindo Volunteer
Service Awards email address. Signatures will still be required from each organization, but may be submitted via email.
- If a student had signed up to volunteer and was unable to do so as a result of the shelter-in-place, we will be honoring those commitments (if signature of organization leader is provided) up to a maximum of 15 hours.
CAMPOLINDO VOLUNTEER SERVICE AWARDS:
Students may earn one of two Volunteer Service Awards:
- Campolindo Service Award - Students are recognized by Campolindo for volunteer service starting at 30 hours.
- The President’s Volunteer Service Award - This is a highly coveted national award that recognizes outstanding volunteer service and civic participation. Recognition starts at 50 hours for students under 16 years and at 100 hours for students 16 years and older. Check out the info sheet for details and to see the hour requirements for Bronze, Silver and Gold award levels.
Volunteer Service Ideas
Check out these volunteer service opportunities!
To earn an award, students need to submit an application package that includes one Service Award Application plus a Verification Form for each service activity. Start using the forms now to collect signatures for completed work. Be sure to keep a daily log of your service hours to allow the verifying supervisor to sign off on your hours.
- For more details, consult the Service Award Instructions and Guidelines.
- To applyl for the Volunteer Service Award, download the Volunteer Service Award Application.
- To verify your hours, download the Volunteer Service Verification Form.
Service Award Applications will be collected March 23-April 10, 2020 in the Attendance Office. The Service Award Reception will be held during an Academy period in mid-May. You will receive details once your application is approved.
For questions, contact email@example.com