MHS Volunteer Program is dedicated to building a strong team of student volunteers and providing support to our community.
Program Goals and Objectives
- Build a caring school community; encourage kindness and humanitarianism
- Promote the positive value of self-fulfillment
- Enhance the sense of social belongings
- Develop skills in collaboration and teamwork
- Provide our students with opportunities to build self-esteem; inspire leadership, responsibility, and citizenship
- Support our students to be positive and helpful, and honor their individual commitments with the community organizations
The Volunteer Service year runs from April 1 - March 31. The deadline to have all hours validated is April 15.
What is Community Service?
Community Service is a non-paying job performed by a student for the benefit of the community or a community service-based institution.