To Our Acalanes Adult Education Community,
Welcome back and know we have missed you! Acalanes Adult Education (AAE) is open for in-person learning starting this Fall, which begins Monday, September 13, 2021 and look forward to welcoming you back to our campus.
Throughout this unique journey, the staff at AAE are grateful for your continued support of our programs and our steady enrollment during the 2020 - 2021 academic year via Distance Learning. We are honored to serve our community since 1945 and look forward to opening our doors this Fall!
As reopening guidelines are fluid, visit auhsd.org/reopening for the most current guidance in alignment with state, local, and district protocols.
The classroom setting may appear slightly different from the last time you were in one of our classes; however, we strive to provide you with an exceptional educational experience. As always, the health and safety of our students and staff are paramount. We look forward to coming together once again to Explore, Experience, and Learn.
For the Fall term reopening, courses will be offered in a face-to-face/in-person fashion, as well as offered through an online format. Upon registering for courses, please note the option to enroll in your course for in-person or online instruction. Some courses may not have this option due to the nature of the course, so please check our website for up-to-date enrollment options.
AAE will continue to follow state, local, and district guidelines. As of printing, note our Enhanced Health and Safety Measures:
- Face Coverings: Masks are required for everyone, regardless of vaccination status, while indoors at the Del Valle Education Center.
- Physical distancing: AAE will continue to encourage physical distancing guidelines based on guidance from health authorities, including maintaining 3 feet between student chairs and staff desks 6 feet from student and other staff desks.
- Ventilation: AAE maximizes the central air filtration for HVAC systems by using filters with a maximum efficiency reporting value (MERV) of at least 13.
- Cleanliness and sanitization: Increased cleaning and disinfection is in place for all classroom spaces as well as high traffic areas.
- Check for Signs, Symptoms, and Exposures: AAE encourages staff and students who are sick or who have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19 to stay home. Students or staff exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 while on campus must be immediately isolated in a private area until able to leave the campus or be picked up by a relative, friend, etc.
Please note our refund policy on page 1. AAE will continue to offer online registration where students may enroll in classes and pay the course fees with Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express. We encourage you to enroll early so that you reserve your space in a class that is popular, or keep from being cancelled due to low enrollment. Additionally, should your class be offered online, you will need to log into Canvas and locate your courses. First-time enrollees to AAE will receive an email from Canvas on how to create your account and set up your password.
Thank you for your ongoing support of AAE and I look forward to seeing you in our classes during our Fall, 2021 term.
Steven France, Director
Steven France, Director