To Our Acalanes Adult Education Community,
“Learning is a treasure that follows its owner everywhere.”
At Acalanes Adult Education (AAE), we continue to offer courses many of you are familiar with, in addition to our adding new courses to expand our minds and our learning. As you peruse the pages of our Spring and Summer brochure, I am hopeful that you will find a course, or two, or more, which will pique your interest and allow you to find that learning treasure, which will follow you for years to come.
As always, the health and safety of our guests and staff are of the utmost importance. We are eager to present our spring and summer class offerings and know AAE will continue to follow the guidance from state and local health officials, and follow the guidelines established by our District.
AAE will continue to offer online registration where students may enroll in classes and pay the course fees with Discover, MasterCard, Visa, and we now gladly accept American Express. We encourage you to enroll early so that you reserve your space in a class that is popular, or keep from being cancelled due to low enrollment.
Thank you for your ongoing support of AAE and I look forward to seeing you in our classes during our Spring and Summer 2022 terms.
AAE will continue to follow state, local, and district guidelines. As of printing, note our Enhanced Health and Safety Measures:
- Face Coverings: Masks are required for everyone, regardless of vaccination status, while indoors at the Del Valle Education Center.
- Physical distancing: AAE will continue to encourage physical distancing guidelines based on guidance from health authorities, including maintaining 3 feet between Guest chairs. Staff desks will maintain 6 feet from Guest and other staff desks.
- Ventilation: AAE maximizes the central air filtration for HVAC systems by using filters with a maximum efficiency reporting value (MERV) of at least 13.
- Cleanliness and sanitization: Increased cleaning and disinfection is in place for all classroom spaces as well as high traffic areas.
- Check for Signs, Symptoms, and Exposures: AAE encourages staff and Guests who are sick or who have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19 to stay home. Guests or staff exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 while on campus must be immediately isolated in a private area until able to leave the campus or be picked up by a relative, friend, etc.
Steven France, Director