To request a letter of
- Make sure your “Colleges I’m
Applying to” list is up to date in Naviance with appropriate application
deadlines (i.e. early action, regular decision) indicated
- Complete your resume, student
statement and parent statement
- Talk to your counselor and
teacher in person
- Clarify with your teacher about what information they need. Some may want you to complete a form in Naviance while others may have their own form they
want you to fill out.
- Invite your teacher on Naviance on the letter of recommendation screen
- Indicate which school(s) you want
your teacher to send the letter(s) to
- Request your transcript
A few notes:
Your student can submit his application prior to the
counselor/teacher completing their letters of recommendation.
Students can check the status of their letters on Naviance
and on the Common App.
Don’t forget to write a thank you note to your teacher and