To request a letter of recommendation:
- Make sure your “Colleges I’m Applying to” list is up to date in Naviance with appropriate application deadlines (i.e. Early Action, Regular Decision) indicated
- Complete your resume, student statement and parent statement
- Talk to your counselor and teacher in person
- Clarify with your teacher about what information is needed. Some may want you to complete a form in Naviance while others may have their own form they want you to fill out.
- Invite your teacher on Naviance on the Letter of Recommendation screen
- Indicate which school(s) you want your teacher to send the letter(s) to
- Request your transcript
A few additional points:
- Students can submit applications prior to the counselor/teacher completing their letters of recommendation.
- Students can check the status of their letters on Naviance and on the Common App.
- Don’t forget to write a personal thank you note to your teacher and counselor.